[1394] Re: drive now mounts.... but

David Smith david at visionsmithtelevision.com
Thu Apr 17 16:08:41 PDT 2003

Thanks all, I'm making progress. After loading some third party drivers
from EZQuest the volumes (four partitions on the drive) now appear on
the desktop.....

I can't answer about the chipset on the pci card. Their web site's
"product specs" page tells me there are three firewire ports and two usb
ports. That's the extent of their specs!

Now when I attempt to copy media files from partition to partition on
that drive, or from a partition on my scsi raid system to the firewire
drive, I get the copy dialogue box to open and then the system just
stops. The curser still moves, but nothing else happens. It won't even
to a force quite, I have to turn off the power and reboot.

I've retested the firewire drive  when it's plugged into my powerbook G3
Firewire, and it works fine (OS 9.2.2).