[1394] cooldrives.com FW HD enclosure fails on G4

jeff chasick jchasick at mac.com
Fri Dec 12 17:23:05 PST 2003

Apparently cooldrives.com is a total rip off and I wouldn¹t be surprised to
see some lawsuits starting against them..

Unless they are using totally inferior parts, there is no reason why a
firewire bridgeboard would not work on a mac, windows or linux system

Do you know what type of chip is used in the enclosure?

Depending on the chip being used, it is possible that you can flash the
board (if it is an oxford or initio chip)