[1394] Are most FW cd-rw drives EIDE on the inside?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jul 20 11:52:55 PDT 2003

Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't look at this list's folder very
often because it is not used by many very often. The part about
canceling your order for other burn software may be too late.

Yes they are all IDE inside except for a small number of SCSI writers
from the late 90's.

Most all IDE burners are now built with the MMC-3 standard that Roxio
Toast works with. You can throw any MMC-3 compatible IDE burner into a
FW case and be working with Toast right away. If you don't have Toast,
and can wait until September for Toast 6 which will have DVD, VCD and
SVCD authoring built into it, you will save the upgrade cost OR maybe
it will be a free upgrade for buyers of Toast 5 now. In any event, you
must forget about that esoteric software you are wasting your money on,
try and stop the order or refuse delivery and get Toast for your
burner. It is the only way to burn on a Mac IMHO.

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio)