[1394] Using La Cie external hard drive with DV cam and iMovie

Terry Harrison 1maniac at cox.net
Thu Sep 11 15:42:15 PDT 2003

I've gone from DV camera fw to ext. hdrive, then from hdrive to
computer.
(Notice the firewire is carrying the data all the way to the computer,
then back to the drive)  Bi-directional !!!!!  :o)
I used Final Cut Pro to do the capturing, and all worked fine (G4 400
MHz)

I built the ext fw. drive from seperate enclosure and drive.

Perhaps you could try this configuration...
All I can say is that this worked for me (to my delight) !  :o)

Terry