[1394] Re: Using La Cie external hard drive with DV cam and iMovie

Jacob Alifrangis jacob at braindonors.net
Fri Sep 12 13:27:26 PDT 2003

It's actually an incompatibility between apples firewire control code and
the canon DV control firmware. The canon cameras have an un-activated
feature which allows them to dump dv data onto harddrives directly. This
however is incompatible with devices that are being controlled by another
member of the firewire bus such as your pc or mac.

Jacob Alifrangis
Lead Developer and CEO
Braindonors.net / Shadowboxer.org