[FW] An Issue for consideration

Johns Mailbox mymaillist at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 15:47:27 PST 2004

I have just recently begun to have some problems with my firewire drive
system I have one of the dual drive housing systems, and most of the
time, it runs great.
Lately though, every so often, I get a notice, that the item has been
removed without following the normal procedure, and then the drives
disappear.
This has happened more often. Once it happened recently, the drive
would show up in Disk Utilities, but not mount.
Finally, I repartitioned it, and it now sows up again.
Ideas? Similar experiences?

G4 1.25, 2 GB Ram, X.3.6
Firewire 400 with a 200 gig and 80 gig drive in a dual housing.

Thanks,
John