[FW] Trouble with Firewire on External Enclosure with serial ata

jeff chasick jchasick at mac.com
Tue Jan 4 09:16:41 PST 2005

the SATA chip should be fine

can you see the FireWire chip on the bridgeboard in the enclosure?

  there might be a round sticker on it that you would need to peel back
to see the very light print on the chip (and since it is a FireWire/USB
combo, there might be 2 chips (one FireWire, one USB), unless it is a
1394b enclosure and then it might be using the Oxford 922 chip (which
has support for 1xfirewire and 1xusb2 channel....

if its 1394a, then it could be an Oxford chip (911), an Initio chip
(1430), a TI chip, a Prolific chip, a Genesys chip.....