IrDA Question

Tuckerman Moss tmoss at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 01:42:29 PST 2002

I have this old PC-serial IrDA receiver (Puma Technology) that I got as
'prize' a while back.  I've always felt that it probably should work
with the Mac - the hardware is surely the same with the same
serial-connection concept. I can connect PC-serial to USB via a
Palm-cable and Keyspan Dual Serial - and I know that IrDA is turned off
as a Network function in my G4 in OSX.  But does anyone out there think
I have any chance of making this thing work in X (or even 9.2) - and if
so do you have any pointers as to how or where to learn more?

Many thanks,  Tuck

--
Tuckerman Moss • The Old Vicarage • West Anstey • United Kingdom