Experiment: Internet Page Load Speeds

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Fri Dec 6 14:21:29 PST 2002

How long does it take your mac to load internet web pages. This
question is for the purpose to see where G4's stand from varying
generations and megahertz. To make the test more standardized I will
give a list of common pages to load and be timed.

What will be needed is stopwatch and a web browser? Time the web page
from when you press (enter key  or go) and time until the browser
status icons/ progress bars shows that it has completed.

Copy and paste links into your browsers URL Bar.

http://www.cnn.com
http://www.apple.com
http://www.zdnet.com

Please Reply with only this:

What G4 you have?
What Os?
Internet Connection type
RAM amount.
Browser Used most often
List time in seconds....
Xx.xx
Xx.xx
Xx.xx

Example --- My Results

Power Mac G4 Sawtooth single 500Mhz
10.2.2
Cable
896mb
mozilla 1.0.1
7.60
6.68
9.45

Thank you for your time I am interested in seeing what others time
results are ..

Dan Brieck Jr.