[G4] Boot Problem with GeForce3 and G4 800 Upgrade

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sat Dec 7 15:54:58 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/7/02 1:37:11 PM, denstene at mac.com writes:

<<  but if I put the 800 in I get no chime and nothing on the screen.  >>

That condition indicates to me that the card wasn't seated fully in the slot.
Check carefully that the processor card is FULLY seated before trying to boot.

If it still doesn't at least make some kind of noise at power up, you may
have a dead card. Even if the processor chip had quit on you, the machine
should have made some noise even if only the discordant glass
crash/screeching brakes/raspberry/clink-clank-bong of a bad RAM check.