Adding a RAID and a DVD-R to G4...

Nicolas Kinnan nasw at pcmagic.net
Sun Dec 8 00:27:01 PST 2002

Howdy!

I was wondering if anybody out there has added a third-party DVD-R to
their machines and/or set up a RAID.  I'm especially interested in
setting up a RAID-0, I think it is, but don't know where to start:  Do
I need a special multichannel PCI card or can it be done via Firewire?
I'm pretty in the dark on this one.

Also, regarding the DVD-R, there's apparently a hot little Sony number
out there that does all formats or some such thing but seems to be
Windows only.  Has anyone gotten one to run in a Mac?

Thanks,

Alex

G4/533DP: 1.12/30/60/CD-RW/Adaptec 2930 SCSI/Radeon