Need some advice on additional hard drive

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Mon Dec 9 18:51:42 PST 2002

I have a G4/350 that I recently added a new IBM 60 gig hard drive to. I
installed it in the empty space above the original 10 gig drive which I was
intending to just leave in place as a backup device. I did a fresh install
of 9.2 and 10.1 (since upgraded to 10.2.2) on separate partitions on the new
drive. I successfully copied all the applications and data from the old
drive to the new one via a simple drag and drop copy. I am having no
problems really but I notice that the old drive (which still has all it's
original data on it) cranks up when I access certain applications,
particularly MS Entourage, but many others. It appears that the applications
I copied over were simply aliased to the new drive but remain on the old
one. Is this true? If so, can I permanently copy everything over somehow,
switch the positions of the drives, erase the original and use it for backup
as I originally intended? I am sure there is a simple solution. I do have
all the liscensed programs on CD, but would prefer not to have to reinstall
everything if I don't have to. This is a luxury problem. I can live with it
this way, but would like to have everything on one drive rather than feeling
like I am always working with 2 active drives. The bottom drive spot is
probably meant for the "master" drive, would just switching them be enough?
I hope this is clear. Thanks.
Greg