Experiment: Internet Page Load Speeds (56K)

Richard Kriss kriss at gbronline.com
Sun Dec 15 09:01:07 PST 2002

Most of the cable and DSL people have posted times but I have not seen and
56K modem postings.   Yes,  I know the cable and DSL connections are fast.

> http://www.cnn.com

>From a cold start  (only Entourage mail program running) to a 56K dialup
conntection  with Explorer 5.2.2  under Mac OSX 10.2.2

20 to 25 seconds

from double-click on the link until the CNN large page is fully loaded.

How about some other 56K postings. My T1 line at the office does it about 5
seconds