[G4] Processor Upgrade

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Mon Dec 23 05:43:03 PST 2002

Tom-
	I recently (just a little over a week ago...) upgraded my 266MHz Beige G3 to a 500 MHz G4 - mine is a ZIF-socketed CPU, not sure what yours is...but mine is certainly *much* snappier in performance.  I also put in a new graphics board - Radeon 7000 - and that also attributes to the perrfomance upgrade.

	Places for you to start - xlr8yourmac.com and otherworldcomputing.com - the first site has lots of data on upgrades, and the webmaster there (Mike) has compiled a very good database on upgrades for darned near every Mac you could think of.  The second site is about as cheap as any.  You also might try the list sponsors here...

Jay S. Snoke