[G4] RealAudio capture

Crazy Miz B of the Crazed Cowboys paula at crazedcowboys.com
Mon Dec 23 13:01:22 PST 2002

on 12/23/02 8:14 AM, John Erdman at jperdman at earthlink.net wrote:

> For my own ethic, I happen to believe it's wrong to rip commercial CD's (or
> vinyl or tape or wire or any other format technology) and give the
> recordings to others. Tho it's OK for me to compile my own music collection
> in any way I choose to.
> However if a piece of music is broadcast or otherwise made available in
> the public domain by a legitimate website which is making it available for
> the purpose of having people listen to it, I should have every right to
> record it and use it for my own private purposes.  The key word here being
> "legitimate".... my definition of legitimate does not include the ded head
> kid down the block who rips borrowed CDs and puts 'em up for anyone to
> steal.

Agree 100%...this is what I was trying so inadequately to say! If I put it
out there---it's my choice, and I know it is fair game...but for freaks to
copy it and sell---nope. Can't swallow that and smile...though I too know
it's inevitable...

Thanks for clarifying me own thoughts in me own admittedly tiny little
brain...

Paula
Crazed Cowboys Baby-Sitter

George Lee, Jr. and the Crazed Cowboys
A wild, zany, crazed group of people known as the Crazed Cowboys offer up
their rock/pop/country music, their wit, their dignity and their hearts to
you--the beloved visitor. Drop in and meet them! Great music and loads of
hilarious fun!!       http://www.crazedcowboys.com