Any thoughts on the Sonnet Encore ST/G4 800mz / 1GH upgrades

deepthought dtwc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 06:28:55 PST 2002

Hi all!  Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to everyone!

I just wanted to do some research into people with experience on
upgrading their 400mz G4 Sawtooth (Only 100mz system bus) with either
of these Sonnet upgrades (800mz or 1000mz).  I was wondering how much
does the slower system bus reduce the speed of the upgrade.  Just for
background, I've got 1.5GB of RAM running 10.2.3 and a Radeon 8500 Mac
Edition (Retail version) as my major system changes.

I've check w/ xlr8yourmac, but Mike's detailed reports don't yet
include this upgrade.

Also, since we're on this line, are there major differences between the
Radeon 8500 and the Radeon 9000?

Thanks!!!!

Dave.