Mac Radeon 9000 Pro AGP Card

bofus? bofus at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 28 05:28:20 PST 2002

from http://xlr8yourmac.com/

"Mac Radeon 9000 Pro AGP Card Shipping to Dealers -

I've gotten a lot of reader questions on when this card will be
available since the first PR earlier this year. A contact at ATI told
me today that shipments of the card to dealers/distributors has
begun, although there may be several days until dealers receive them.
(As of appx 2PM eastern time today I didn't see the Mac 9000 card
listed at ATI's price list or online store, but I assume it will be
added there soon.)

I've been told the Mac 9000 Pro list price is $169, higher than the
PC version, but Bruno noted that the Mac version has dual digital
monitor support (ADC port + DVI port, with supplied DVI-I to VGA
adapter), where the PC version has a DVI + VGA port (and also a
composite/SVideo out port). It's the first Mac retail card with an
ADC port, which saves the cost of a $79-$150 DVI to ADC powered
adapter if you own an ADC display. (Granted most monitors are not
ADC.)"

mike watt's hoot page:
http://hootpage.com/
--