Is this file part of something I need?

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 28 20:33:44 PST 2002

I have two files that I want to dump. Are they
part of OS X or something important? Did they come
from DiskWarrior?

The two files are in OS 9 and are
.DS_STORE  on my desktop and invisable and
 >DS_STORE  on my hard drive and also invisable

I picked em up when I ran Nortons DiskDoctor on my
OS 9 HD.

It may also be good to understand that I have OS 9
on one HD and OSX on another and have never
choosen a Classic or ever opened anything in
Classic. I do think that some of the software I
have installed into OSX has thought that my OS 9
HD was my classic and gone on to update itself on
my OS 9 HD as if it were classic. Installed in OSX
is Netscape 7, Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10,
Acrobat 5, Indesign 2, Office X, and Bugdom (demo
for X).

I also found some files called
_DS_STORE
spread in various places on my HD in OS 9 and
would like to squash these as well.

I am thinking I have a cookie or something
collecting info on my HD that is creating them.
Most of them are in folders that have content that
came from the web and many folders contain files
downloaded from Microsoft. Anyone got any answers?

Thanks

jj