[G4] Sound recording

June Parlett jparlett at gte.net
Sun Dec 29 12:59:57 PST 2002

on 12/29/02 10:06 AM, Jim Dean at jldean at optonline.net wrote:

> I want to make a digital recording from an audio tape made by grandmother. I
> have poked around a little for info, but I am looking to this group for a
> "final answer." TIA.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jim Dean
> Fairfield CT
Hi Mr. Dean, I have done this. I had a tape recording from a Sound Color
Filmstrip that I Published in the mid 70's in NYC, and I wanted to digitize
the sound track, so I put the cassette tape into a tape player/recorder that
was connected to sound-in on the G3. I had a set-up tape recorder to bring
sound-in to Sound Edit 16, a great sound editing program, and captured the
entire 24 minute tape. Then I would be able to import the sound track into
any video editing software such as Premier. I also did this with another
sound track I was working on, bringing in sound from a tape cassette. I also
brought sound in from a CD as well into Sound Edit 16.   This is one of many
sound editing programs.  Good luck with getting your grandmother's voice
digitized. Let us know the depth of your project. I sounds wonderful. June