[G4] Mac OS 10.2.2

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 11:01:07 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/24/02 10:52:30 AM, tdc at attbi.com writes:

<< It will boot, but you can't use it as a functional OS. >>

If it will boot, that shows that your installed OS isn't completely
functional. Can you use any of the utility programs on the CD to "see" the
installed OS?

Does the installed OS show up in the start-up disk selection window?

Have you tried to run First Aid?

Have you tried to re-install the OS?

Attempt a "clean install" if you can find that option, that might fix your
non-operative installation by giving you an alternative OS to boot from.

My only other suggestion right now is to get a copy of Drive 10 from
MicroMat. It is supposed to be able to fix drive problems under OS-X.

I haven't had all that much experience trouble-shooting OS-X yet, and hope I
have pointed you in the general direction of solving the problem.