Thank You Mike Bombich for CCC

Richard Kriss kriss at gbronline.com
Thu Nov 28 04:14:21 PST 2002

This posting to the G4-List is to post an open  'Thank You' to Mike Bombich
for Carbon Copy Cloner. It saved my six - again!

http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

I have two hard drives in this G4 powered by OSX. One is my primary and the
other is a secondary or backup drive.  Every few days I use Carbon Copy
Cloner to clone the primary to secondary.

Last night I was messing with iPhoto to export a large number of pictures to
html file and like the old bumper sticker says "Shit Happens" and my whole
iPhoto library was gone along with all email files and God only knows what
else disappeared. I have no idea what happened or why but my 'good stuff'
was history and could not be found on the drive.

I did a restart from the backup drive and everything was okay from two days
before.  I ran the OSX 10.2.2 Disk Utility and the First Aid said there was
nothing wrong with the primary hard drive; however, it had 5MB less data
than the backup drive with less folders and files.  I manually move a few
new downloads and files from the primary to the secondary and let the Disk
Utility do an Erase and ran First Aid agin.  I then ran CCC to clone the
backup to the primary and did a restart on the primary.

Humpty-Dumpty is back together again thanks to Carbon Copy Cloner that gets
my vote for the 'must have' application of the year.  If you do not have a
backup drive, get one and send a donation to Mike-B.