OSX Open With?

Richard M. Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Wed Apr 9 07:44:57 PDT 2003

Mel,

Thanks for the note.  I just went to the Finder this morning to try your
right-click tip before having to  trash the prefs and found everything  was
working normal.

Something tells me that my OSX 10.2.4 had its brains scrambled yesterday and
good nights rest in the the shut down mode and fresh start in the morning
cured the problems.   The documents are now opening with the correct
application and there is no mention of the weird 'rightfram.html (default)'

Some things just take care of themselves without outside help!

Thanks

Dick

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:29:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [G4] OSX Open With?

Right-click (or Control-click) on the document, then hold down Option
and Open With will change to Always Open With. Then you can select from
the applications in the list or use Other.. to select the appropriate
one. Launch Services handles which application claims which file, but
I'm not sure how to go about changing it. You could try moving the
com.apple.Launchservices.plist out of your ~/Library/Preferences
folder, then logout or restart to see if it rebuilds appropriately.
Mel