mail problem

Rita Mitchell ritajr at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 04:22:16 PDT 2003

Yesterday I used my mac mail program to access all of my mail accounts
as usual. Later in the evening I went to check my mail and all of my
accounts and preferences were gone except for my mac.com account. My
sent mail folder had all mail sent up to Dec. 2002. Internet Explorer
and Safari were back to original default settings also... and IE is
really annoying me. It keeps asking if I want it to be my default
browser even though I keep checking the box "do not ask again". I also
haven't received any mail from the macintoshguy lists since then so if
anyone knows, please email me. Usually I get several digests through
the course of the day and I haven't seen any since yesterday afternoon.
Any clues? (I blamed my son, but now I'm wondering if it could be
something else)

Was it something I did or allowed? I have a firewall and virus
protection (norton). G4 867 quicksilver  running OSX.2.4. Could this be
a virus?

Thanks.
Rita