Firewire drive

Ron Goebel redial at sport.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 06:17:47 PDT 2003

When I was rearranging the layout of my peripherals, the BusLink 60
gig external Firewire hard drive connected to my QuickSilver slid off
the back of the desk and fell to the floor. Of course the power was
on when this happened.  The Power light on the front is on, but the
Access light is not.  Unplugging it and plugging it back in causes
the Access light to light for a second or two, then it flickers and
goes out.  It will not appear on the desktop, and none of my disk
utilities can raise it with a port scan so I can't do any diagnostics.

Is the thing ready for the trash, or is there something else I can do?

Ron