[G4] Firewire drive

Lee ratman at cq.net
Mon Apr 14 10:59:23 PDT 2003

Ron,

I would  take the drive apart and see if maybe one of the internal
cables came loose. You could also remove the drive from the case and
connect it internally in your Quicksilver. The internal method would
allow you to determine if the drive is good or bad, or if it just the
firewire case. I'm guessing it's probably the drive, but you may luck
out.

Lee

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 08:17 AM, Ron Goebel wrote:

> When I was rearranging the layout of my peripherals, the BusLink 60
> gig external Firewire hard drive connected to my QuickSilver slid off
> the back of the desk and fell to the floor. Of course the power was on
> when this happened.  The Power light on the front is on, but the
> Access light is not.  Unplugging it and plugging it back in causes the
> Access light to light for a second or two, then it flickers and goes
> out.  It will not appear on the desktop, and none of my disk utilities
> can raise it with a port scan so I can't do any diagnostics.
>
> Is the thing ready for the trash, or is there something else I can do?

Lee

Lee Wilmeth, Computer Consultant
1104 Cypress CT
Mansfield, TX 76063-2608