[G4] Upgrading a Sawtooth

Miller, Rich RMiller at hbi.com
Mon Apr 14 12:31:28 PDT 2003

i couldn't agree LESS. i have found that even the MEEKEST mac has utility. i
bought a "discarded" b&w g3/400 rev 1. (100$) For ~500$ i updated the
proccessor, the ram, cdrw, and video card. it's now a 600$ 600mhz g4. not
the fastest out there, but more than adequate foralmost all the tasks i
throw at it. would i have spent the 1500$ to pick up a "new machine"? or a
refurb? nope. not everyone has the $$ to drop all at once. so you do the
updates piecemeal.
the idea of "throwing away " a perfectly useful machine just because it's a
little slow is ludicrous.