Innie or Outtie . . . CD-RW, that is?

Michael Oldfield amobel at reach.net
Fri Apr 18 15:27:21 PDT 2003

G4 Sawtooth gig / ethernet has the original DVD. I need to add CD
burning. I've checked the terrific http://www.xlr8yourmac.com site
and have read that some brave souls (who seem so much handier than I
am) have actually added a CD-RW and placed it in their Zip's lower
bay. This looks a bit beyond me!

I would really like to keep the current DVD player function.
Switching to a DVD / CD-RW combo drive is beyond my cash resources.
At this point it looks like my best choice is to add an External
CD-RW but am confused as to whether this would be thee best move.

Would appreciate some thoughts / suggestions based on experience:
Go Internal and switch with the DVD * Go external - USB or Firewire *
Keep the DVD and tackle the cut and snip work and use the lower bay
for an internal CD-RW?????
Mike