[G4] Best PDA recommendation

Brian Fish ifish at macosx.com
Sun Apr 20 16:43:13 PDT 2003

>> Jill wrote:
>>
>>After you buy a PDA, you may have to download Palm 4.0
>>from the internet (free), purchase "Missing Sync"
>>software, then check the Apple.com site for the isync
>>conduit.  If you are using Documents to Go (Word, and
>>Excel), you will want to buy the Premium Edition from
>>the Documents to Go site (to have full functionality).
>> Also, I would recommend constantly checking the Sony
>>site for new downloads, to ensure you can access your
>>memory stick, etc.
>>
>>It's a confusing decision, and somewhat frustrating
>>when the Mac software is not included, but you can
>>have a lot of fun with your PDA.  Do some research,
>>visit some stores to test them out, and have a good
>>time!

These conditions you've described only apply to the Sony Clie series.  I
recently bought a Palm Tungsten T, which I love, and all the software was
included with the device.  You would only need to purchase the extra Missing
Sync software if you purchase a Sony Clie, because, for whatever reason,
Sony does not include drivers for Macs.  Any Palm device will work with your
mac right out of the box.

Brian Fish
 <X))><