[G4] Jaguar - many apps fail to start - unexpected quit - resolution?

Lester E. Thomson geneshaper at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 10:51:32 PDT 2003

Hi, this is the geneshaper.

I must weigh in here regarding never #1, IMHO

>1. Never run Classic from 10.1.5.  It'll hose OS9.  If you want OS9,
>boot that.

I routinely boot to classic from 10.1.5 and have no problems, I run MS Office,
and scan into photoshop 7 from classic. I do not know why your situation is
different but , I know that this works. I have heard some problems with 10.2.5
regarding classic however.

How much RAM do you have? for some reason the 9.2.2 and  OS X systems are very
suceptible to erratic behaviour when cramped for space. I had the problem of
Illustrator nor running, but quitting mid startup, or crashing when switching
between documents. I added 512MB to bring the system to 704MB and all my
problems went away. i had the same issue woth a g3 imac and boosted the ram to
256 and again the problems went away. There is something else causing this,
besides just the issues discussed in this thread.

D geneshaper

=====

The Tao is Life
Using the Bow of Honesty