[G4] DVD player for G4 with PCI graphics

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Sat Apr 26 08:18:14 PDT 2003

The PCI Graphics machines don't use software DVD decoders like the
current Apple DVD Player. You are correct that a decoder card that fits
on the Rage card is required. eBay lists quite a few of them for sale
right now going for $25 -$50.

http://search.ebay.com/search/
search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&MfcISAPICommand=GetR
esult&query=decoder&categoryid=&ht=1&category2=4599&SortProperty=MetaEnd
Sort&submit1=Search&BasicSearch=&from=R2&catref=C3

While I can't say for sure, it should work the same for an internal or
a FireWire drive.
Mel