superdrive with yikes g4 pci

Eytan Bercovitch ebercovitch at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 07:45:35 PDT 2003

Hi
I'm thinking of buying an external superdrive (DVD-RW/CD-RW) which
connects by firewire.  I have a 400mz G4 of the first vintage (yikes
motherboard, pci graphics).

I have read at least one post on this message board suggesting there
might be problems with using a DVD drive with the older yikes model.
I attach it below.

Does anyone have experience of using a yikes/pci graphics g4 with a superdrive?

Thanks in advance for the info.