[G4] Sound cards?

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Wed Apr 30 20:14:09 PDT 2003

I also want better sounding mp3s. So I tried using the Mbox in OSX.
But I couldn't output the computer's audio to it after connecting it by
USB.
In system preferences, the Sound "output" tab had only one choice -
the "built in audio controller".

How does one bypass the onboard sound card? I think I was able to
do this in OS9...

Rick