DVD-R Questions

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 09:26:59 PDT 2003

Just a query for the list members. I have searched most other boards and
info sites, now it's time to get the answers. I am looking at a DVD writer.
Hardware configuration that it would be used in is: 533 DA, 10.2.6 , 1.2g of
RAM.

1.) It seems the only internal DVD writer that is available/recommended is
the Pioneer. Is this correct ?

2.) Plextor has just released (June 03) the PX-504A (IDE) and PX-504UF
(Firewire/USB) that appears to be "flashable"(from the mfg.) to the Mac. Any
one know anything about this drive ?

3.) Usage would be 60% for "data", and 40% "entertainment". With the number
of DVD-R formats, is worth the investment at this point ?

Looking forward to you comments.

Thanks,

Wade A. Perry