CD-RW recognition . . .

Michael Oldfield amobel at reach.net
Tue Aug 5 08:25:33 PDT 2003

I've added a SONY Firewire (16.10.40) CDRW to my Mac which is a
Sawtooth 400MHz with the original CD/DVD -  running 10.2.4 and 9.2.2
Classic - with 9.1 on another partition. It doesn't recognize the
CDRW in X or Classic but if I boot in 9.1 the Firewire is recognized
and will burn perfectly . . . and fast too! Using TOAST Titanium and
have 4.something or other too.

I find X quite confusing when it comes to working out what extensions
etc are needed for anything . . . too many years using Extension
Manager I guess . . . so any tips on how I could get the SONY CDRW to
be recognized in X would be appreciated. If all else fails I suppose
I will have to continue booting in 9.1 when I want to burn something.
Many thanks,
Michael