Memory dealer recommendations

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Thu Aug 7 19:36:17 PDT 2003

> Subject: Re: [G4] Memory dealer recommendations.
> From: William Gaffga <tekwrtr at mac.com>
>
> When it comes to RAM there is no reason to cheap out. High quality RAM
> is worth the money

How can you tell good RAM from cheap RAM?  I have one Crucial 256K DIMM and
two other cheap generics and the DIMM First Aid says they are all the same.

My assessment is if it works, it much be good.  I would like to see a good
OSX RAM test utility .  The old OS9 DIMM firs aid is the only utility I have
ever seen that will tell you anything about your RAM

Dick