[G4] G5 and photoshop

5c4r7 scart at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 8 09:34:00 PDT 2003

I don't deny that anyone could go and buy a G5 and have no problems.  I
totally think that is possible but, the chances of getting a lemon are
much higher with the first run of any machine.  My iPod for example is
the first model they released.  The firewire port is poorly soldiered
to the main board inside it (a design flaw that Apple refused to admit
was a flaw, even though it happened to a high percentage of 1st series
iPod owners).  One of the joints cracked and I could no longer connect
it to my G4 or charge it.  This happened within 3 month warranty time
of owning it and Apple made me go through hell to get a replacement
(cuz they don't repair them).  They tried to tell me some BS about how
I had to pay another $250 for a replacement.  They sold that unit up to
6 months ago and already there is 0 support for it now.

  I know the temptation to be the first kid on your block with an über
computer is hard to resist but I think most people would be much
happier with a unit that has been redesigned after the world has put
the first model through every possible situation.  Otherwise if you
don't mind spending lotsa cash and being a guinee pig, More Power to ya!