Apple's New G5 Marketing Approach

jgvp jgvp at cogeco.ca
Sun Aug 17 11:16:31 PDT 2003

Rockford would get on the phone and speak to the receptionist,
secretary, or whoever answered the phone and purport to be somebody he
wasn't. When he then arrived at the location that he had previously
called, they obviously accepted him as being who he said he was on the
phone, especially when they were handed a business card that he had
just printed in his car on a small printing machine.

  The one thing that annoys me no end in my attempts to defend  myself
against being duped by callers is the fact that the phone company that
is paid a monthly fee for providing me with this Call Display feature
then turns around and allows people to either assume an "unknown name"
or "unknown number" or even  both.  Then my recourse to this "end run"
is to never answer such a caller. If they really want to talk to me
they will leave a message with their phone number, if not, then I've
stopped the "end runners"  in their tracks. If everybody did this that
would be the end of the "unknowns".

Now, I hope we can get back to talking about G4s and G5s . <s>