[G4] Black boxes (was: IBM chip fabs)

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Aug 22 08:36:40 PDT 2003

Stanford University Bookstore in Palo Alto California has a bunch for
sale. Last night the buyer of a 1.6 there started reporting with
photographs of his experience at Spymac. Rips 160 kbps AAC files from
CDs @ 20-22 X. SuperDrive is  Sony DW-U10A DVD RW 4X DVD+R, 2.4 DVD+RW,
4X DVD-R, 2X DVD-RW, 24X/10X/32X CD-RW.

Way better CD specs than the DVR-105 16x/8x/32x CD-RW spec. Plus it
burns +R and +RW - with Toast of course. Can burn CD-Rs 50% faster.
Very nice.

I estimate (guess) that the dual 2 GHz G5 will rip at almost 30x. Two
minutes per CD. Beauty.

<http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37100>

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
on Macs)