[G4] Black boxes (was: IBM chip fabs)

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Aug 23 10:03:04 PDT 2003

     Mr. Kunga wrote:

>Well I see the black box as ecologically bad. I wonder if they are
>using SOY INK for all that black ink. If not, this is quite
>ecologically repulsive. Does anyone who has one of those boxes know if
>it says SOY INK on it anywhere?

     I'll have to check if my colleague hasn't ditched it yet. But
what makes you think the white or colored photo inks they'd been
using were earth-friendly?

     So long as they don't make the machines black, like those
butt-ugly Dells. They'd be a blot on the landscape, if even if
Michael Dell weren't associated with the product.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA