[G4] moving bookmarks to Safari.

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Sun Aug 24 20:03:51 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 10:55  PM, Shannon Nugent wrote:

> I've been an IE user forever and am switching over to Safari now.  I
> like that much better.  I need to know though,  how do you move or
> copy your old bookmarks in IE over to Safari?  I found the preference
> for that,  but apparently you need a .Mac account and iSync 1.1.  I
> have neither.  Any way I can do this?

Hi Shannon. From Safari Help:

The first time you open Safari, it automatically imports your favorites
from Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, and Mozilla.

At this time, Safari cannot directly import bookmarks from other web
browsers. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by
exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the
document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate
window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your
Bookmarks Library.