G4 -External CD-RW's

Scott printer at gci.net
Fri Aug 29 08:44:31 PDT 2003

Hello Everyone,

I have been a list member for almost 4 years, I guess it's time to ask a
question.

I currently have a Sony Spressa 100 E/X USB external CD-RW. Now it is giving
me the following message every time I attempt to burn a disc.

THE DRIVE REPORTED AN ERROR
SENSE KEY = Medium Error
SENSE CODE = 0x73, 0x03

Thinking it may be the media type, I have tried 3 brands of CD's, none
will work.
Is my drive going bad? Is it something I can fix? Or do I need to
replace it?

If I have to replace it, does anyone have any suggestions as to which
brands are
best or worst?

I borrowed an IOMEGA CD-RW. Cant get it to work with TOAST. Pain in the
butt
software, does not allow you to do much customizing. Don't like it.

Any info would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Scott

PS. - I have the original G4 - 450 AGP w/68 GB (2) HD, 384 MB Ram, Dual
19" Hitachi
monitors, running OS 9.1 regularly. Have OSX on second Drive. (Not using
regularly
yet. Playing with it occasionally)