[G4] G4 -External CD-RW's

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sat Aug 30 06:08:57 PDT 2003

Scott,

I would chuck (get rid of) the USB drive.  Just write it off.  And,
get an external Fire Wire drive, probably the Pioneer XX-105 (I
forget the real letters for "XX").  You may also use it internally in
place of the CD drive, and it should be recognized as a Super Drive
(if your machine recognizes Super Drives).  I did just that (internal
in my Quicksilver) and it works fine: burns CD's and DVD's.  Prices
for the bare bones drive are about US$150 now, and you can get an
external FW enclosure for about US$100.

--Steve