[G4] Installing Panther on a different disk

Wilkin, Wayne (Mass) Wayne.Wilkin at Staples.com
Fri Dec 5 07:58:52 PST 2003

Is this other disk a ata, scsi, external scsi, what I am really asking is do
you have any scsi cards in your computer. After 10.2.6 apple really messed
around with the scsi code in X.2.8 and in Panther. There are a lot of scsi
cards that don't work anymore after updating to X.2.8 and panther. You can
use program called carbon copy cloner version 2.3. Cloan your original drive
to your 30 gig. The run the panther installer on the 30 gig and do an
update. Users have also complained about different sorts of problems when
doing updates instead of clean installs, Just my 2¢.