Dantz Retrospect

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 00:45:25 PST 2003

Hi,

Now that I'm using it, why am I?

What is the difference between backing up with Dantz Retrospect and
just copying my whole hard drive over to the external drive?

It seems to take a long time for Dantz to do a backup - still
about an hour. I have 40 gigs to back up, 896 MB RAM,
am using Firewire port.

If I were doing plain copy, I would just drag over the
document folders and leave the system and apps folders
alone.

Does Dantz take invisible files, is that it?

I'm not trying to make a bootable drive, just to keep a current
system and backup documents so I can copy things back after fixing
a problem.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com