Do a Task, Then Go to Sleep

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 01:20:03 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm playing with my Energy Saver options.

I want to backup with Dantz, which should take about an hour, then
have the machine go to sleep.

I think the reason the fan broke is I failed to understand the difference
between screen saver and sleep, and had the computer set to sleep=never
because it messed up my iMate. (Not using the iMate anymore)

Can I do this?

I have it set now to sleep=never, display=15 min., checked=put hard
drive to sleep when possible.

I want it to back up, but not go to sleep in the middle and abort the
back up. But I also do not want to have to get out of bed to put the
machine back to sleep. (It's 4am over here.)

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com