[G4] Processor upgrade advice

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Tue Dec 9 03:39:57 PST 2003

Le 08/12/2003 09:59, « csean at poc.it » <csean at poc.it> a écrit :

> Hi all,
> I've been thinking of a processor upgrade for my Sawtooth G4/400 and see
> that single processor upgrades have started falling in price. e.g. OWC has
> 1.25 Gigadesign processors at $389; I've even seen G4/800 processors below
> $200. As the new dual processors have appeared, I expect these prices to
> fall even more.

*** Like others confirmed, you're much better off with a Giga upgrade. Giga
is the only one allowing you to overclock and keep their guarantee. There're
Giga 1,25 models guaranteed upto 1,4 or 1,6GHz depending on your hardware.
Unless you do a lot of FCP or Photoshop, you won't notice much gain from a
dual.

The 800Mhz upgarde isn't worth the trouble, seeing the price of the 1,25Ghz.

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

If C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you blow your whole leg
off.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup