[G4] Reinstalling a Program

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 03:12:38 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/12/03 2:38:24, earthpigz at earthlink.net writes:

<< I'm having trouble with a program, and am trying to reinstall it. It fails
to reinstall. Says "install process did not complete.">>

What program and version, please?

<<I've yanked all possible previous files, to no avail.>>

Did you do a search of the hard drive for ALL of the different parts of the
original installation?

<<Any ideas why this would be happening? Program worked just fine for two
years, and works fine on my other computer.>>

Have you made any changes to your OS lately? Did you add something else just
before the program quit working for you? What has changed significantly from
the past configuration?

<<Device manufacturer offers no further support, and I will not buy another
of this brand :@P>>

Device? What device? I thought you were asking for help with a software
program that wouldn't complete an installation. "Device" is a totally different
matter.