[G4] Broadband Speed Liar's Poker

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Sat Dec 13 15:51:10 PST 2003

James,

The comparison between cable and DSL is different in each location.

DSL in my town is rated at the MINIMUM speed, and I average 1.2Mbps to
1.5Mbps, typically.

However, cable here is rated according to the MAXIMUM speed. As a result,
most people in this town are getting 600 to 700 Kbps from cable.

>From your experience, you can only conclude that in your location the cable
company provides greater throughput than the DSL company there. But you
can't reach the sweeping generalizations you've been posting here.

Brian Conner