[G4] Broadband Speed Liar's Poker

David Crandon tabdave at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 23:21:23 PST 2003

Interesting with all this discussion of cable vs. DSL that nobody has
mentioned the announcements by Comcast, Adelphia and Cox that they are
upgrading all cable modem users to their fast "business" speeds of 3-4
Mbs at no extra charge. They used to charge about $80-90 a month for
this. In my area in So. Cal., Adelphia has already done it an Comcast
will have the whole country done by the end of Q1 in 2004. I guess this
is their way of trying to compete with the cut rate DSL pricing going
on.

David Crandon