[G4] iTunes problems

Kai Yee ebkty at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 14 08:00:24 PST 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 4:32 PM, Linda Hutcheson wrote:

> I recently bought a G4 and have been experimenting with iTunes. I
> tried to burn an audio CD but have run into a problem. The CD won't
> play on my boom box or car stereo. I went out and bought music black
> CDs and tried again. That CD wouldn't play on the boom box but did
> play on the car stereo but the first song was full of static. Is there
> something I'm not doing?
>
> I'm running OSX 10.2.8.
>
> Linda
>

> ----------
> digest.

> Cameras |

> <http://www.macresq.com>

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Linda,

My guess is that your car stereo or your boom box will not play your
disk, because if you are burning mp3's directly on a disk.  New sound
systems and car stereos that have mp3 playback will play it and some
don't.  If you don't have it, it is probably an older audio system.  If
you want to play your music on an older audio system, you have to
convert all those mp3 files to AIFF - your audio system can handle it.

Here is the solution:

Option 1: The easy way:
		Go to itunes, preference, burn menu and click on aiff.  It's that
simple. - It's happy burning time.
Option 2: The hard way.
		Step 1 - You can use a program called Macast Mp3 converter, you can
find it on the web and download it. 			     (just read the instruction
on how to run it)
			   -  Drag your mp3s when you have this program running and just
convert to aiff.
		Step 2 - Use Roxio's Toast:  Version 4 & 5 on Mac os 9, Version 5 & 6
for OS X - make sure you click on
			      Audio menu, that way the disk is an audio, not data or
anything else.  And burn.

Warning:  Some older audio and dvd players will not support certain
types of disk that means cd-rewritables and dvd-record/rewritable
disks.  They will support cd-recordables.   And when you are burning, a
lot of older audio systems (before 2000 or 2001) will not support disks
that are burnt at a higher speed, the same goes for older cd-rom or
recorders for your old computer (1990's) - don't ask me for the reason
on this one, I expereinced this problem before the hard way.   If it is
brand new, your system can handle disks that are burnt at a high speed
(read your audio car or stereo systems manual, it will probably tell
you).   To play it safe, just burn it at 1x speed, because most systems
built in the 90's can handle disks that are burnt at that speed.

Trust me on this one, because my shelf stereo system (1996 model) does
not like cd-rws and high speed burnt disks, those disks only plays on
my computer or audio systems less than two years old can handle it.  I
burn my disks at 1x and it works fine on the stereo system.

Kai